Welcome to the 2015 High Energy-Density Physics Summer School site!
The 2015 High Energy-Density Physics Summer School will be held August 17-21, 2015 on the campus of the University of California San Diego in La Jolla, CA. The week-long workshop will promote scholastic development through technical lectures given by field experts as well as career development sessions aimed at young researchers in HEDP fields of study. These include:
- Radiation and atomic physics in plasmas
- Laser-driven hydrodynamics and shocks
- Diagnostic methods and existing platforms
- Panel discussion on career options in HEDP
- Laser Plasma Interactions
- Analytical modeling of plasmas
- Coding workshop
- Oral and poster sessions for students and postdocs
The costs of travel and attendance will be covered for up to 50 undergraduate and graduate students and postdocs. The summer school program is funded by the National Nuclear Security Administration and managed by UCSD’s Center for Energy Research and the High Energy Density Science Association. Participants may be interested to know that the International Conference on High Energy Density Physics will also be held in San Diego the week following the HEDP Summer School.
Web site and all contents © Copyright HEDSA 2006-2015, All rights reserved.